Key Stage 2 Tuition – £15
2 hour lesson Key Stage 2 – £15.00
Key Stage 2 English Tuition – Key Stage 2 Maths Tuition
£15 for 2 hour lesson Key Stage 2 (1 hour English & 1 hour Maths)
Our centre closely follows National Curriculum guidelines. Key Stage Two covers the following areas:
- Pupils will develop their reading strategies, reinforcing their knowledge of grammatical structures, phoneme and grapheme awareness as well as their contextual understanding.
- Pupils will be taught to use inference and deduction, looking beyond the literal.
- Pupils will use their knowledge of texts to look at parts of a story and other textual features.
- Pupils will learn to scan and skim and obtain detailed knowledge through specific reading.
- Pupils will understand that layout is important to glean meaning, critically evaluate argumentative writing and will be able to distinguish between fact and opinion.
- Pupils will develop an appreciation for literature.
- Pupils will develop their understanding of figurative devices and be able to recognise the impact of varied sentence types.
- Recognise the difference between author, narrator and character.
- Pupils will gain knowledge of non- fiction texts. They will learn subject specific language, will understand different presentation devices, and learn about persuasive, argumentative and explanation techniques.
- Pupils will reinforce their knowledge of well known children’s authors as well as look at classical and good quality modern poetry. They will also look at play scripts.
- Pupils will learn to write for an appropriate purpose and use a language and style appropriate for to the reader.
- They will be able to use features of layout effectively as well as be inventive with the vocabulary that they use.
- Pupils will be taught how to plan, draft and revise effectively, proofread and discuss and evaluate their own and others writing.
- Pupils will learn how to use a range of punctuation: full stops, question marks, exclamation marks, inverted commas and apostrophes.
- Pupils will continue to develop their knowledge of spelling patterns and strategies and will be able to use appropriate terminology, namely vowel, consonant, homophone and syllable.
- Pupils will ensure that the presentation of their work is neat, writing legibly, using joined and printed.
- Pupils will develop a knowledge of standard English through their writing and how to adapt to levels of formality.
- Pupils will secure the organisation of their writing into paragraphs, as well as mastering their knowledge of complex sentences, namely clauses and supporting clauses and connectives.
- The range of writing should cover: inform and explain, argue and persuade, review and comment, using language that will convince the reader.
- The range of forms of writing will include: narratives, poems, play scripts, reports, explanations, opinions, instructions, reviews and commentaries
Speaking and Listening
- Speak clearly, using standard form of English.
- Choose material relevant to audience and topic.
- Maintain shape and maintain interest.
- Use vocabulary that enables the delivery of more complex meanings.
- Learn to reflect and evaluate.
- Ask relevant questions to follow up the delivery of a talk.
- Respond to others appropriately taking into account what they say.
- Develop the ability to work well as part of a group, making valuable contributions and to deal with opposing viewpoints in an appropriate way.
- Take up and sustain different roles.